That does indicate that the problem is not in udisks.  Try stopping udev
as well before plugging in the drive.

Packages, which is subscribed to udisks2 in Ubuntu.

  USB floppy drive is running without floppy

Status in udisks2 package in Ubuntu:

  When I connect USB floppy drive (Gembird) without floppy under Ubuntu, the
drive engine seems to be running (the floppy drive LED is on and the drive is
sounding). The same behaviour takes place if I connect the drive with a floppy
and then remove the floppy. It seems that the system accesses the drive
permanently when there is no floppy. Under Windows XP it works normally - when
there is no floppy, the LED and engine are switched off. I have tried Ubuntu
14.10 (amd64) with upstart, LXQt and KDE 5; Ubuntu 15.04 with systemd, LXQt -
the same behaviour.
  If I boot using bash as init (init=/bin/bash) and connect the floppy drive
after boot, the engine is off (the normal behaviour).
  lsof /dev/sdb during engine running outputs nothing.