Ok, I think I don't have the rights to change that. No problem. :)
Thanks for getting back to me, on this, so fast!
Take care

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  Pressing N closes tab when it should jump to new category

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: thunderbird

  When I have a tab with a message open, pressing N only then jumps to
  the next unread message if there is one in the current folder. If
  there is only one in another folder, it closes the tab. If there are
  no unread messages anywhere, it does nothing (as it should). The
  "mailnews.nav_crosses_folders" doesn't matter for this.

  This only occurred after updating to Ubuntu 10.04 (and, therefore, to
  Thunderbird 3) – with the message windows back in Thunderbird 2 it
  worked.

  Please note that this bug is NOT related to #376677, as that works for
  me.

  Package: thunderbird 3.0.4+nobinonly-0ubuntu4
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-22.33-generic 2.6.32.11+drm33.2
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-22-generic i686
  Architecture: i386