This bug was fixed in the package gnome-control-center -
1:3.28.1-0ubuntu1.18.04.2

---------------
gnome-control-center (1:3.28.1-0ubuntu1.18.04.2) bionic; urgency=medium

  * debian/gbp.conf, debian/control*: Adapt to gbp buildpackage on bionic
    branch and with correct upstream tag version.
  * debian/patches/privacy-panel-whoopsie.patch:
    - display and enable correct section of error reporting mode
      (never/manual/auto) (LP: #1774597)

 -- Didier Roche <didro...@ubuntu.com>  Mon, 18 Jun 2018 14:37:34 +0200

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu Bionic)

  G-C-C privacy option don't allow sending manual report

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-control-center source package in Bionic:

  [ Impact ]
    * The current label "Manual" is in fact shutting down whoopsie completely
and not providing any graĥical way to set manual reports (which is our default
on 18.04)
    * We want to SRU apport with a "remember this" option which will trigger
"never" or "auto" mode.

  [ Test Case ]
    * Install new gnome-control-center version, go to the privacy panel
    * Click on the error reporting line
    * In the model window, play with the switch and toggle, and check in d-feet
the whoopsie state. Basically you can't adapt error reporting mode
(manual/auto) if you decided to not report error mode.
    * Check as well that the main UI toggles between "never/manual/auto"

  [ Regression potential ]
    * This code would affect the privacy g-c-c panel.
    * Note that we have 3 new strings to translate ("never" is already
translated in G-C-C). Those are:
      - "Send error reports to Canonical"
      - "Send reports automatically"
      - "Show a dialog for each error before reporting"