Hi Luca. It looks like you tried to leave a comment but no message came
through. Can you try again, please?
Thanks

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  thunderbird 8 oneiric: cannot modify contacts in U1, just add a new
  one or delete

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  thunderbird 8.0+build1-0ubuntu0.11.10.1
   ubuntu 11.10 amd64

  I can write in the contact details window, but when clicking "ok"
  nothing happens. I can just close the window. This does not happen in
  local addressbooks,  only in U1.