Hello Pablo,
Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with Thunderbird.

You made this bug report in 2013 and there have been several versions of
Ubuntu and Thunderbird since then.

Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close the
ticket?
Or, if it is still a problem, could you run the following (only once):
apport-collect BUGNUMBER

and upload the updated logs and and any other logs that are relevant for
this particular issue.

Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu and Thunderbird better.

** Changed in: thunderbird (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  Thunderbird deletes and doesn't save email addresses

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:

  After Thunderbird working well for months, suddenly email addresses
  disappear, only the name remains.  I reenter the email address and
  save it, but next time I log on, the name is still there, but the
  email address has disappeared again.  I am using a google address book
  with thunderbird.  Prior to this week, I have had no trouble, and on
  another computer i have no trouble with the Google address book.  I am
  using  Thunderbird version 17.0.3 with Ubutnu 12.10.

  Note that this doesn't happen with all addresses.   What is most
  notable is that it wipes out some or all of the content of address
  lists. and it erases the address of any contacts included in that
  list.

  I don't know if this is part of a larger problem , since I have also
  reported recent difficulties with LibreOffice Writer not inserting or
  pasting images or graphics (see 222810       LibreOffice Writer
  doesn't paste images or Calc sheet)

  thank you for your help