Notice how many duplicate bugs there are. Yeah... If Canonical were to
have one goal for v. 12.04............. fixing what is perhaps the
oldest legitimate bug in all of Ubuntu should be priority #1, especially
since this is a security flaw.

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.

  screen doesn't lock when panel menu is open

Status in GNOME Screensaver:
  Confirmed
Status in “gnome-screensaver” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: gnome-screensaver

  I'm running a fresh install of Dapper with screensaver set to 'blank
  screen', and 'lock screen when screensaver is active' enabled.

  If a panel menu (e.g. Applications) is open and the machine is left
  idle, the screen fails to lock. It fades out after the time period as
  expected, but the desktop reappears after a few seconds.

  Ben (comments / criticism welcome, this is my first bug report)