Closed per reporter's feedback.

** Changed in: thunderbird (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.

  Thunderbird entry persist in indicator-messages menu with no email
  account configured

Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  On Thunderbird startup the Thunderbird menu entry was created within
  indicator-messages notification envelop even though I had closed the
  Thunderbird application right off without configuring any email
  accounts. It turned out that thunderbird had created a new user
  regardless so I went off and removed the entire ~/.thunderbird
  directory as well as ~/.cache/thunderbird and restarted the indicator-
  messages-service. The thunderbird entry still persist in the menu with
  no apparent way to remove it from there. Logging off and back on does
  not help. I conclude that this must be a bug displaying the menu entry
  for application that is not being set up. In particular, there should
  be no Thunderbird entry in the indicator-messages menu provided there
  is no ~/.thunderbird/<thunderbird_user> directory exists. At the very
  minimum there should be a per user configuration file to alter the
  menu entries manually. And perhaps right clickable menu entries to
  choose an action. At least some way to remove entries that should not
  be there.

  Package: indicator-messages 13.10.1+14.04.20140410-0ubuntu1
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  CurrentDesktop: Unity