The verification of the Stable Release Update for ubuntu-report has
completed successfully and the package has now been released to
-updates.  Subsequently, the Ubuntu Stable Release Updates Team is being
unsubscribed and will not receive messages about this bug report.  In
the event that you encounter a regression using the package from
-updates please report a new bug using ubuntu-bug and tag the bug report
regression-update so we can easily find any regressions.

Packages, which is subscribed to ubuntu-report in Ubuntu.

  Add information from lscpu

Status in ubuntu-report package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in ubuntu-report source package in Bionic:

  [Impact]
   * We have some missing information on our reporting tool to determine
reliably the CPU type without a manual mapping. Having those ones through lspcu
is a conventient way to gather them instead of using /proc/cpuinfo.

  [Test Case]
   1. Install new ubuntu-report
   2. ubuntu-report show
     -> check that "CPU" contains something similar to:
  "CPU": {
      "OpMode": "32-bit, 64-bit",
      "CPUs": "8",
      "Threads": "2",
      "Cores": "4",
      "Sockets": "1",
      "Vendor": "Genuine",
      "Family": "6",
      "Model": "158",
      "Stepping": "10",
      "Name": "Intius Corus i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz",
      "Virtualization": "VT-x"
    },
   3. Test as well under a vm and check for additional "Hypervisor" and
"VirtualizationType" fields.

  [Regression Potential]
   * Test software is heavily tested. We updated the tests and control via
golden files that the output is what we expect in multiple case
   * In case of an error (parsing or command), the entire field "CPU" is
ignored, and not part of the report, but doesn't block sending the overall
report.

  ----

  lscpu is a convenient way to gather information about the cpu and provide
information that is currently difficult to calculate or guess like the name of
the cpu or the type of hypervisor.

  Could you add something similar to the following information to the
  json? It's a slightly modified version of the output of lscpu -J

  "lscpu": [
      "Architecture": "x86_64",
      "OpMode": "32-bit, 64-bit",
      "CPU": "6",
      "Vendor": "AuthenticAMD",
      "Family": "16",
      "Model": "10",
      "Name": "AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor",
      "Stepping": "0",
      "Virtualization": "AMD-V",
      "Hypervisor": "KVM",
  }

  Package: ubuntu-report 1.1.0cosmic
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Tue Jun 19 15:05:01 2018
  Dependencies:
   gcc-8-base 8.1.0-5ubuntu1
   libc6 2.27-3ubuntu1
   libgcc1 1:8.1.0-5ubuntu1
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 14.10 "Utopic Unicorn" - Alpha amd64 (20140520)
  SourcePackage: ubuntu-report
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to cosmic on 2018-03-24 (86 days ago)