Public bug reported:

Evince occasionally does not enlarge pages to fit the screen when
entering presentation mode. This can be reproduced with various PDF
files.

The easiest and most reliable way to reproduce the bug is:
1) open a PDF file with Evince
2) press F5 to enter presentation mode
3) press ESC to return to windowed mode and immediately press F5 again
4) maybe repeat (3) this a few times until the bug triggers

This is, however, not the only action that triggers this bug. Quickly
scrolling to the next page and then immediately pressing F5 also works,
although I need a few attempts to get the timing right.

My assumption (although without having looked at the code) is that there
is some kind of race condition going on.

Package: evince 3.28.2-1
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME