I verified the mutter=3.28.3-2~ubuntu18.04.1 on Dell Inspiron 5480.
The resolutions is keeped larger than 800x512.

** Tags removed: verification-needed-bionic
** Tags added: verification-done-bionic

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  gnome-control-center does not respond after we set the resolution
  320x180

Status in gnome-control-center:
  Fix Released
Status in OEM Priority Project:
  Confirmed
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in mutter source package in Bionic:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [ Description ]

  gnome-control-center does not respond after we set the resolution
  320x180

  [ Test case ]

  Open gnome-control-center -> Displays
  Low resolutions (such as 320x180) should not be listed.

  Trying to set the lowst listed resolution, should just apply without
  breaking gnome-control-center.

  [ Regression potential ]

  No alternative resolutions are shown in g-c-c

  ---

  Expected results: shows the countdown dialog
  Actual results: the countdown dialog doesn't show. Only mouse cursor can
move. All of the buttons/icons don't respond.

  Note1: When I executed "gnome-settings-daemon -o -v | tee gcc.log",
  the count-down dialog shows up!

  Notebook: Dell XPS 13