This bug was fixed in the package gnome-initial-setup - 3.29.1-1ubuntu1
---------------
gnome-initial-setup (3.29.1-1ubuntu1) cosmic; urgency=medium
* Merge from Debian experimental (lp: #1784617). Remaining changes:
+ debian/control.in:
- Build-Depends on libsnapd-glib-dev, libsoup2.4-dev, libsysmetrics-dev
- Enable langpack usage
+ Ubuntu-specific patches:
- 0001-Don-t-run-welcome-tour-at-end.patch
- 0001-Make-summary-page-explicitly-request-navigation-butt.patch
- 0001-Ensure-stamp-file-if-the-user-quit-the-wizard.patch
- 0001-Add-Ubuntu-mode-with-special-pages.patch
- 0001-Display-the-ubuntu-welcome-wizard-in-Unity.patch
- 0006-goa-Add-Ubuntu-Single-Sign-On-to-the-list.patch
* d/p/0001-Add-Ubuntu-mode-with-special-pages.patch:
- Support Meson build system
- Show an dialog in case of error when enabling Livepatch (lp: #1764723)
- Enable online accounts page (lp: #1762192)
* d/p/0001-Display-the-ubuntu-welcome-wizard-in-Unity.patch:
- Enable online accounts page (lp: #1762192)
* d/p/0006-goa-Add-Ubuntu-Single-Sign-On-to-the-list.patch:
- Show "Ubuntu Single Sign-on" first in the list in the online accounts
page.
* d/p/0007-goa-adjust-description-to-not-mention-email-or-conta.patch:
- Adjust online account description to not mention email or contacts.
-- Andrea Azzarone <[email protected]> Tue, 14 Aug 2018
16:12:10 +0200
** Changed in: gnome-initial-setup (Ubuntu)
Status: In Progress => Fix Released
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-initial-setup in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1762192
Title:
Ubuntu Welcome could offer to set up Online Accounts
Status in gnome-initial-setup package in Ubuntu:
Fix Released
Bug description:
The GNOME version of gnome-initial-setup offers to set up Online
Accounts. This seems like a really useful feature that I'd like to see
in the "Welcome to Ubuntu" version too.
I suggest we show the GNOME Online Accounts (goa) page before the apps
page.
A few issues I noticed but I don't think they are blockers:
Issues
======
1. There is a different design pattern in the GNOME version with a top logo.
I don't think it looks bad; I'm just mentioning it.
2. "Connect your accounts to easily access your email, online
calendar, contacts, documents and photos."
I proposed a wording change to GNOME to make this a bit more accurate for us
https://bugzilla.gnome.org/795077
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-initial-setup/+bug/1762192/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp