Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)

  During a search/filter, nautilus can't sort results by Name, Size,
  Type or Location by clicking on the column title

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  Steps to reproduce
  Switch to LightDM
  Switch to Unity
  (gnome wouldn't let me log in so I was looking for the log file)
  Open Nautilus
  in the search bar type ".log" (without the quotes)
  All the log files in your home directory are shown
  Click on Name column
  nothing happens
  click on the Size column
  nothing happens

  Click on a folder in nautilus containing items
  Click on the Name column
  The column gets sorted by name
  Click on the size column
  the column gets sorted by size

  The behavior should be the same whether or not you have searched but
  it's not.

  Package: nautilus 1:3.26.3-0ubuntu4
  NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair nvidia_modeset
nvidia
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: Unity:Unity7:ubuntu