I can confirm that `sudo kbd_mode -s` does fix this but it seems to
occur again after a reboot.

Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu.

  Alt+left/right arrows switch between tty consoles (Gnome Shell
  vanishes), cannot disable

Status in gdm3 package in Ubuntu:
Status in lightdm package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in mutter package in Ubuntu:

  I'm used to using alt+left/right arrow to navigate back and forward in
  web browsers and elsewhere (nautilus)...  But on this fresh install of
  Ubuntu Gnome 15.10 beta, it seems to try and switch me between tty
  consoles (the ctrl+alt+f1 ones).  But it's not listed as one of the
  shortcuts in the "keyboard" menu, so I don't know how to disable it...