GNOME Control Center needs to be run with GNOME since it depends on
various gnome-settings-daemon processes to be running.

As a workaround, you can try running 
XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=GNOME gnome-control-center
but that isn't supported.

gnome-control-center in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS was supported by the Ubuntu
GNOME project for 3 years until April 2017. Therefore, I am closing this
bug since this version is no longer supported.

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Invalid

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1633522

Title:
  gnome-control-center is missing items when run from the top ribbon in
  Xfce

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I am running an out-of-the-box xubuntu.

  raph@W500:~$ lsb_release -rd
  Description:  Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS
  Release:      14.04

  If I click on the clock in the top ribbon and then on 'time and date
  settings' the gnome-control-center that pops up is missing my items.

  If I run 'gksu gnome-control-center' then all the items are  present.

  See attached screenshots.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
  Package: xfce4 (not installed)
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-42.62~14.04.1-generic 4.4.21
  Uname: Linux 4.4.0-42-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.21
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE
  Date: Fri Oct 14 16:21:49 2016
  InstallationDate: Installed on 2016-08-07 (67 days ago)
  InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 14.04.5 LTS "Trusty Tahr" - Release amd64 
(20160803)
  SourcePackage: xfce4
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/1633522/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to