On 2018-08-26 03:19, Ping-Wu wrote:
> 2.  The input method dialog window is also seriously flawed.  It has
> improved somewhat from my initial post, but very awkward to use, if
> at all.  It is difficult to explain & you should try it yourself to
> see how bad the problem is.

Actually the whole Region & Language panel has been broken for a few
weeks, and it was fixed as late as yesterday. I'll wait a day or two,
and then play with a daily build to see what it looks like.

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  18.10 镜像无法输入中文

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  18.10 镜像(2018.8.7)选择简体中文开机,无法输入中文。由 Settings -> Regions and
  Languages,选择 智能拼音,也无法输入中文。