Hello Ra,
Thank you for submitting this bug and reporting a problem with hplip.  You made
this bug report some time ago and Ubuntu and hplip have been updated since
then.

Could you confirm that this is no longer a problem and that we can close the
ticket?
If it is still a problem, are you still interested in finding a solution to
this bug?
If you are, could you let us know and, in the current version, could you run
the following (only once):
apport-collect 588659
and upload the updated logs and and any other logs that are relevant for this
particular issue.

Thank you again for helping make Ubuntu and hplip better.
[Ubuntu Bug Squad volunteer triager]

** Changed in: hplip

** Changed in: hplip (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to hplip in Ubuntu.

  Manual feeder do not work with HPLIP

Status in HPLIP:
  Incomplete
Status in hplip package in Ubuntu:

  I have Lucid distribution (Ubuntu 10.04). I installed HPLIP v. 3.10.5
  from the source package. The printer is an HP LaserJet 1010.

  The printer works but manual feeder does not have any effect. whatever
  I select manual feeder or not, it prints always all the pages
  automatically and it does not wait for me to press the printer's
  button. In other words, selecting "Manual feeder" in "Paper source"
  behaves always as if I selected "Auto select" or "Upper Tray"