** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

  [snap] Libreoffice does not open files from thunderbird (more general:
  from /tmp)

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  I received a document via e-mail in Thunderbird. I have the
  Libreoffice snap package installed. When I want to open the document
  from Thunderbird, I see the Libreoffice splash screen, and then a
  dialog stating "/tmp/mozilla_<user>0/<filename>.docx does not exist."

  The same dialog appears when I navigate to the folder in Files and
  want to open it.

  When I copy the file to my desktop, however, I can open it without
  problems.

  I guess the source of the issue is confinement, that the Libreoffice
  snap can only access files from $HOME. But this breaks the case where
  thunderbird creates a temporary copy in /tmp.