Thanks for the update, Abhijit. I will close the report now.
Have a great day!
:)

Closed per reporter’s feedback.

** Changed in: hplip (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to hplip in Ubuntu.

  Printer Queue stoppped when printer is unconnected

Status in hplip package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  SETUP:
  I have hplip and cups on a "server" machine sharing a USB printer over LAN.

  OBSERVED:
  If the printer is off / and a remote machine sends a print request,
CUPS/HPlip will accept the request and silently stop the printer.  Even if the
printer is subsequently turned on, the server will accept and enqueue the job
but not print since printer is "stopped"
  The only way to recover is for an admin to log in and restart the printer
from HPlip-gui (Printer / Queue control).

  FIX:
  I see one of two possibilities:
  1. If printer is not ON then HPLip / CUPS should reject incoming jobs
outright.
  2. If job is accepted and enqueued then HPLip should start printing as soon
as printer becomes available.

  Not sure if
  - this behaviour is because of CUPS or HPLIP or both?
  - this behavious is intended and by design?