If those symlinks exist then gnome-shell is doing the right thing by
reporting as many relevant results as possible.

If you would like the behaviour changed then please describe in detail
how it should change.

Please also run 'apport-collect 1791289' to send more relevant system
information.

** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: tracker (Ubuntu)

  Shows duplicate xdg directories for snaps

Status in tracker package in Ubuntu:

  See attached screenshot. If I search for Downloads, I also get
  symlinks to ~/Downloads generated in ~/snap/spotify/16/Downloads, for
  example.