I did get the default.rule error (starting from terminal) when I had installed
both the nautilus_3.30.0-0ubuntu1~cosmic1 and the tracker_2.1.3-1~cosmic1
packeges.
As I mentioned, at that time nautilus did not start, the small wheel on the
screen just kept on turning.

Then, after downgrading tracker_2.1.3-1~cosmic1 back to the official
tracker_2.0.3-3, I did get nautilus_3.30.0-0ubuntu1~cosmic1 running.
However, the thumbnailer did not work then.

Sorry, I am not familiar with the backtrace system.

  Nautilus in Gnome3 Staging PPA will not start

Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:

  Nautilus version 3.30.0-0ubuntu1~cosmic1 in Gnome3 Staging PPA will not start.
  I am using Gnome-shell environment.
  And I also installed the new tracker version 2.1.3-1~cosmic1 from Gnome3
Staging PPA.

  This is the error message when trying to start Nautilus from terminal:

  Tracker-ERROR **: 20:33:14.659: Unable to find default domain ontology
  rule /usr/share/tracker/domain-ontologies/default.rule