Public bug reported:

Hello,

I'm on fresh install of Ubuntu 18.10 daily build!
totem video playback is laggy when opened through GUI (double click on video
file or open video app from applications menu). However, when I open totem from
terminal everything is OK and playback is totally smooth.

I have already tried:

1) installing gstreamer-libav_1.15.1 from cosmic repo.
2) compile and install gstreamer-libav_1.14.2 from source.
3) compile and install libde265 from source.
4) compile and install totem from source.

Other players including vlc and mpv don't seem to be affected.
Even totem started from terminal is not affected.

I didn't have this problem on ubuntu 18.04LTS.

If there is a need to provide more information, I will be happy to help
solving this problem.

Regards,
Danial Khazaei

** Affects: totem (Ubuntu)

** Description changed:

  Hello,

  I'm on fresh install of Ubuntu 18.10 daily build!
  totem video playback is laggy when opened through GUI (double click on video
file or open video app from applications menu). However, when I open totem from
terminal everything is OK and playback is totally smooth.

  I have already tried:

  1) installing gstreamer-libav_1.15.1 from cosmic repo.
  2) compile and install gstreamer-libav_1.14.2 from source.
+ 3) compile and install libde265 from source.
+ 4) compile and install totem from source.

  Other players including vlc and mpv don't seem to be affected.
  Even totem started from terminal is not affected.

+ I didn't have this problem on ubuntu 18.04LTS.
+
  If there is a new to provide more information, I will be happy to help
  solving this problem.

-
  Regards,
  Danial Khazaei

[...]

Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  totem video play back laggy when opened through GUI, running it from
  terminal is OK

Status in totem package in Ubuntu: