Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.
** Changed in: gvfs (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Confirmed
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gvfs in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1792085
Title:
MTP no more working on Bionic
Status in gvfs package in Ubuntu:
Confirmed
Bug description:
Hi, unfortunately (for me) MTP android devices no more work on Ubuntu
18.04.
I have used MTP on 16.04 without problems, but on 18.04 it does not
work. When I connect my Android devices (Samsung A5 and Samsung J3)
and I try to list directories with many files (e.g. /DCIM/Camera) the
window hangs until I disconnect the device. Same issue if I try to
post the command "ls /var/run/1000/gvfs/<MTP-FOLDER>".
I have installed Ubuntu 18.04 on two different machines - an older HP
laptop and a recent DELL laptop - and the issue is present on the all
of them.
I suspect a defect on the "libmtp". I tried many alternative solutions
suggested by the net (e.g. jmtpfs and so on) but anyone worked.
That's all!
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
Package: gvfs-fuse 1.36.1-0ubuntu1.1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-29.31-generic 4.15.18
Uname: Linux 4.15.0-29-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
Architecture: amd64
CasperVersion: 1.394
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Wed Sep 12 06:20:07 2018
LiveMediaBuild: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64 (20180725)
ProcEnviron:
TERM=xterm-256color
PATH=(custom, no user)
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: gvfs
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gvfs/+bug/1792085/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp