[Expired for firefox (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  tooltips pop up underneath menu

Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I use RSS feeds in my Bookmarks toolbar.  Each feed is a dropdown
  menu, so I can preview the headlines.

  Headlines that are too long get cut off with an ellipsis, so I
  typically hover the cursor on them so that a tooltip pops up and I can
  read them in their entirety.

  In Firefox 17 for Windows, there is no issue.  In Firefox 17 for
  Linux, the tooltip pops UNDER the dropdown menu, hiding the full
  headline.