[Expired for cups (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  Deleted printer comes back

Status in cups package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: cups

  I have an HP 6310 All In One printer/scanner/copier/fax device.
  Firstly, thanks for making this device painless to use in Ubuntu, I
  love it!

  The issue is that the device is a scanner and printer (via USB) and a
  printer (via Ethernet). I print to it from multiple computers, so I
  have them all set to print over the network. This works fine. However
  on the desktop PC it is sat next to, it is also connected via USB, and
  as such gets auto detected and I now have two printers on my desktop.
  The name doesn't explicitly identify which is the 'usb connected' one
  and which is the 'network connected' one.

  I deleted the USB connected printer because I want all machines to
  print over the network, even this one. However the next time I booted
  up the printer it was re-detected and reappeared on my desktop.

  I would like a deleted printer to go away and stay away. I appreciate
  this may not be a bug, it may be a wishlist item, I just wanted it to
  be noted that there is a use case for a printer to be removed. I don't
  want to have to maintain multiple printer definitions on my desktop
  PC.