GNOME Software quite heavily relies on the fields from /etc/os-release
so this seems like an important interface to have!

** Changed in: gnome-software (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Ken VanDine (ken-vandine)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-software in Ubuntu.

  snap-store reports incorrect OS to odrs

Status in gnome-software package in Ubuntu:

  Install snap-store - "snap install snap-store"
  Snap store - "snap run snap-store"
  Find an application (I opened Wire)
  Scroll down and click "Write a review"
  Write a review.

  Find your review on ODRS https://odrs.gnome.org
  Note the "Distro" says "Ubuntu Core".
  This is not correct, as I am on KDE Neon right now.

  Here is mine. https://odrs.gnome.org/admin/review/9621
  In case the content changes I have attached a screenshot.

  This error is likely because snap-store is a confined snap
  application.

  /etc/os-release is allowed in the default template. Note this will be
  of the core/base snap, not the host. To read the host, you can use the
  system-observe interface which exposes /var/lib/snapd/hostfs/etc/os-
  release to the snap from the host.