In this case I suggest that you test with 18.04.1 also.

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-nouveau in Ubuntu.

  xubuntu 18.10 daily x86 - suspend, on wake i have no mouse-pointer
  (nvidia/nouveau)

Status in xserver-xorg-video-nouveau package in Ubuntu:

  -- updated info
  I re-booted daily x86 daily on same machine, was able to re-create, but it
came good on its own (20-30 seconds after screen appeared)

  It only occurs sometimes; more testing & it can occur with `sudo
  systemctl suspend` but if you wait cursor will re-appear usually so my
  conclusion it was via whisker-menu may be invalid; maybe I'm
  impatient, or nvidia/nouveau on this card requires time for system to
  display mouse???

  I do think something is wrong, but it's extremely minor, and
  inconsistent!  (would be a pain I suspect to find)

  -- original post

  hp dx6120mt (desktop, pentium 4 dual-core, 3gb ram, nvidia 7600gt)
  xubuntu 18.10 daily ISO x86

  QA test - 2018-10-10 00:26 (current timestamp on QA tracker) of daily
  ISO

  on suspend everything is normal, on wake I've lost my mouse-pointer.

  I can see icons (drives, panel widgets) react & thus can detect where
  cursor is if over something, but no mouse-pointer is visible at all.

  To get mouse back, I select menu (top left), then move mouse over menu
  and pointer re-appears.

  Selecting anything else does not bring mouse back, also selecting menu
  but moving mouse up (not on menu but off screen) allows me to de-
  select menu without pointer being re-drawn.  It returns only if I move
  mouse over the [main] menu when selected.

  I've suspended 4 times this 'live-test', same loss-of-pointer each
  time, each time restored via selection of menu top left (third time I
  didn't have it return as I coughed causing mouse to never thus cross
  menu & select something right causing menu to close without return of
  mouse-pointer; got same reaction on 4th sleep/wake)..

  xubuntu@xubuntu:~$   sudo lshw -C video
    *-display
         product: G73 [GeForce 7600 GT]
         vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
         physical id: 0
         bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
         version: a1
         width: 64 bits
         clock: 33MHz
         capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
         configuration: driver=nouveau latency=0
         resources: irq:24 memory:f1000000-f1ffffff memory:e0000000-efffffff
memory:f2000000-f2ffffff ioport:1000(size=128) memory:c0000-dffff

  ---
  I looked for duplicates - lots for intel graphics, not nvidia
  Sorry if duplicate; also I know it's a wrong package assigned (unsure to
assign to)

  Package: xubuntu-desktop 2.227
  Uname: Linux 4.18.0-8-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu11