[Expired for cups (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: cups (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to cups in Ubuntu.

  /etc/init.d/cups restart or stop failure

Status in cups package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  I've observed on several occasions that i've been unable to get the
  cups daemon to respond to changes in configuration files and have been
  unable to log in as administrator via the web interface when i know
  that i should be able to; even though i did "/etc/init.d/cups
  restart". Finally figured it out! I did "/etc/init.d/cups stop" and
  using ps noticed 4 or 5 cupsd processes running! After killing all
  these off (oddly enough, a new one was spawned in their place), i did
  "/etc/init.d/cups start" and all was well!

  Based on my web search (which lead me to try this) this problem has
  been around for several years... sigh.

  Thanks to whoever might bring sanity to this.

  # lsb_release -rd
  Release:      14.04
  # apt-cache policy cups
  cups: