apport information

** Tags added: apport-collected cosmic

** Description changed:

  After upgrade to Ubuntu 18.10, my connection to my employer's VPN server
  has become unstable.

  The server provides both ipv4 and ipv6 endpoints.  Since I have global
  ipv6 at home, my client defaults to connecting over ipv6.

  The connection consistently drops after only a few minutes of being
  connected.

  If I force the connection to use ipv4 (by hard-coding the host
  resolution in /etc/hosts), the connection is stable.

  If I use ipv6 and force proto-tcp=yes, the connection is stable.

  If I use the default ipv6 and udp, the connection is not stable.

  Using tcp for VPNs is suboptimal.  Hard-coding addresses in /etc/hosts
  is suboptimal.

  This may be a bug in openvpn rather than in network-manager-openvpn, but
  I'm starting here.

  It's possible there are pathMTU issues involved, but I reproduced this
  same problem when I was on a different network from my home network
  (though I did not confirm, when I had access to this other network, that
  it was ipv6-enabled).

- I will work on getting more details about both sides of the network to
- try to debug this.
+ I will work on getting more details about both sides of the network to try to
debug this.
+ ---
+ ProblemType: Bug
+ ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu13
+ Architecture: amd64
+ CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
+ DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.10
+ InstallationDate: Installed on 2010-09-24 (2957 days ago)
+ InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release amd64
(20100816.1)
+ NonfreeKernelModules: zfs zunicode zavl icp zcommon znvpair
+ Package: network-manager-openvpn 1.8.6-1ubuntu1
+ PackageArchitecture: amd64
+ ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.18.0-10.11-generic 4.18.12
+ Tags:  cosmic
+ Uname: Linux 4.18.0-10-generic x86_64
+ UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to cosmic on 2018-10-18 (11 days ago)
+ UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout docker libvirt libvirtd lpadmin lxd
mythtv plugdev sambashare sbuild src sudo
+ _MarkForUpload: True

** Attachment added: "Dependencies.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1800542/+attachment/5206916/+files/Dependencies.txt

Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager-openvpn in Ubuntu.

  OpenVPN connection not stable after upgrade to 18.10 (udp, ipv6)

Status in network-manager-openvpn package in Ubuntu:

[...]

  ---