> Ideally, we'd keep postscript disabled

Just to be clear, it's currently enabled in cosmic (and all Ubuntu
series), so if we speak about Ubuntu it would be rather "ideally we
would disable postcript"

Packages, which is subscribed to evince in Ubuntu.

  Update evince to 3.28.4

Status in evince package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in evince source package in Bionic:

  [Impact]
  New release in the stable 3.28 series.

  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evince/commits/gnome-3-28
  https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evince/blob/gnome-3-28/NEWS

  [Test Case]
  1. Install new evince version
  2. try opening multiple pdf and ps files, ensure no obvious regression is
visible.

  [Regression Potential]
  The visible regression potential is the enable-ps (see comment below),
otherwise, the new evince upstream release has been released a while ago with
no post-release fixes: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evince/commits/gnome-3-28

  [Other Info]
  Please add --enable-ps to the build options since this version disables
viewing Postscript files as a workaround for security issues in Ghostscript. We
should fix Ghostscript instead.

  See https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evince/issues/967