[Expired for hplip (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: hplip (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to hplip in Ubuntu.

  HP DeskJet 930C fails during print; USB-to-Parallel - not detected by
  HPLIP

Status in HPLIP:
  Incomplete
Status in hplip package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Hello,
  This printer is detected in Ubuntu/CUPS, however it will not actually print
anything succesfully. It prints about half the page and then has an error and
stops printing altogther leaving the page in a half-inky mess. The printer
works perfectly on Windows XP etc.
  I ran hp-check and was unable to get this device detected properly by HPLIP
after a considerable amount of trying; the device is plugged in via a
USB-to-Parellel port: Bus 004 Device 002: ID 067b:2305 Prolific Technology,
Inc. PL2305 Parallel Port

  Useful config files attached.  HP-Check Notes: dbus and libusb are
  installed but not detected. I also added my username to the lp and
  lpadmin group, which appears perfeclty in users & groups but keeps
  throwing an error on lp group for me regardless.

  I read here: http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/62523/how-to-
  install-a-printer-that-is-connected-via-an-usb-to-parallel-port-
  adapter -- that it may be possible to do some hardcoding to make it
  work, but it didn't look like the correct way of doing it. So I am
  hoping someone will be able to properly debug this issue.

  Thanks in advanced! :)