Thanks Claudio,
Indeed, changing the page-cache-size with the following command:
gsettings set org.gnome.Evince page-cache-size 2014

We are now able have a way bigger zoom ( 3200% ) (screenshot attached)

** Attachment added: "evince_zoom_high.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evince/+bug/241604/+attachment/5209274/+files/evince_zoom_high.png

Packages, which is subscribed to evince in Ubuntu.

  Maximum zoom in Evince is 400%

Status in Evince:
  Expired
Status in One Hundred Papercuts:
  Invalid
Status in evince package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: evince

  Evince zoom max is 400%, and in some pdf this is too small. I have to
  use xpdf to open some file in a usable way.. you should remove this
  limit

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386