Public bug reported:

I notice on my Cosmic system that boltd is running.

This system has no thunderbolt devices, so having this daemon running is
a waste of resources.

Please fix this package to only start if devices are present, or if it
must be started, to shut down on idle if no devices are discovered.

** Affects: bolt (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to bolt in Ubuntu.

  boltd running on a system with no thunderbolt devices

Status in bolt package in Ubuntu: