Still affects current version 18.04.1 LTS.  Colors do not persist on
exit and do not affect graph.

** Attachment added: "Screenshot from 2018-11-05 18-07-39.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-system-monitor/+bug/1791936/+attachment/5209459/+files/Screenshot%20from%202018-11-05%2018-07-39.png

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-system-monitor in Ubuntu.

  GNOME system-monitor cpu graph color does not update or persist

Status in gnome-system-monitor package in Ubuntu:

     Release:   18.04

  2. gnome-system-monitor:
    Installed: (none)
    Candidate: 3.28.2-0ubuntu1
    Version table:
       3.28.2-0ubuntu1 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates/main amd64
Packages
       3.28.1-1 500
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/main amd64 Packages

  3. I expect the colors to update in the graph and persist across
  application exit.

  4. When I choose a different color for my cpu graphs the color does
  not update in the actual graph.  Also when I close the app and open it
  again the colors seem to reset to default.

  Screenshot attached.