When the files hit my mirror, i installed

guiverc@dx6120lu:~$ dpkg -l |grep libreoffice |grep "1.1"
ii  libreoffice-common                           1:6.1.2-0ubuntu1.1
            all          office productivity suite -- arch-independent files
ii  libreoffice-java-common                      1:6.1.2-0ubuntu1.1
            all          office productivity suite -- arch-independent Java
support files
ii  libreoffice-style-breeze                     1:6.1.2-0ubuntu1.1
            all          office productivity suite -- Breeze symbol style
ii  libreoffice-style-colibre                    1:6.1.2-0ubuntu1.1
            all          office productivity suite -- colibre symbol style
ii  libreoffice-style-tango                      1:6.1.2-0ubuntu1.1
            all          office productivity suite -- Tango symbol style

after which I logged out & back in. I then re-tested libreoffice...

Simon, I'm not sure what the issue was (and I'm no good with
aesthetics), but I SEE NO CHANGE.

When this lp.bug hit my inbox I looked for what your issue was, and the
only thing I saw was black boxes kept being drawn when you hovered over
buttons, eg. if I went into print-preview, if you move the mouse over
'close preview' a dark box starts flashing slightly-low-left over the
close-preview button and makes it hard to read.  I assumed this was what
this bug was about, as it occurs elsewhere too. This 'flaw' (or issue)
appears to have not been altered.

I could be complete wrong - feel free [as always] to ping me (irc, etc).
I saw no adverse effects, but it didn't fix what I hoped it would (which
could be a different thing...)  ps: if what I've described is something
else & needs a lp.bug raised - just tell me.

** Attachment added: "main screen when [libreoffice] opened"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1799001/+attachment/5209778/+files/libreoffice_2018-11-07_main_screen.jpg

  Theming does not work on LXQt

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in libreoffice source package in Cosmic:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [Impact]

  Without this change, LibreOffice does not correctly use the Breeze
  theme, which is needed for consistency with the rest of the Lubuntu,
  LXQt-based desktop. At times, it is even hard to use because of the
  inconsistent theming which can hide buttons at times.

  [Test Case]

  Update to the version of LibreOffice with this patch and open it on a
  Lubuntu 18.10 installation. It should use the Breeze theming rather
  than the stock GTK theming on startup.

  [Regression Potential]

  Little to none. If for some reason the criteria that is used to check
  for the LXQt desktop no longer works, which is unlikely in a stable
  release, this will no longer work.

  [Other Info]

  I submitted these upstream (as my first patches \o/):
  https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/61641
  https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/61751