Created attachment 145299
The example document used for the screenshot

  Diacritical marks become visible only after changing view in Writer

Status in LibreOffice:
  Confirmed
Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  Arabic is sometimes written with diacritical vowel marks, which are
  placed either above or below each letter of the word. Many
  multipurpose fonts, which are not designed specifically for Arabic,
  place some of these marks in the empty space between lines, outside of
  the space reserved for line height. Writing Arabic in LibreOffice
  Writer, these marks don't become visible while typing but only after
  the page view has changed once.

  See the attached series of screenshots, where the first screenshot has
  been taken while typing. The first letter of the first word (reading
  from right to left) should have two diacritical marks: ء and a
  diagonal line above the letter: أَ. Only the lower half of the ء mark
  is visible and the diagonal line not at all. The second letter of the
  same word has a circle on top of it but only the lower half of it is
  visible. Equally so for the third word of the sentence بِبَرْنَامِجِ,
  where the last letter of the word has a diagonal line below, but it is
  not visible at all. The second screenshot has been taken after I
  scrolled the page down by a couple of screens and then scrolled back.
  Now all the diacritics are shown as they should. In the third
  screenshot I have deleted all of the text I typed but as you can see,
  some parts of the diacritics are still visible above the line. If I
  scroll down and back, they would disappear. If you want to test it
  yourself, the sentence I wrote reads "أَكْتُبُ هُنَا بِبَرْنَامِجِ
  لِيبَرْ أُفِيسْ".

  As a user, I would expect the diacritics to be visible as soon as I
  type them, and for them to be removed from the screen immediately when
  I delete the word.

  Release:      17.10

  libreoffice-writer:
    Installed: 1:5.4.6-0ubuntu0.17.10.1
    Candidate: 1:5.4.6-0ubuntu0.17.10.1
    Version table:
   *** 1:5.4.6-0ubuntu0.17.10.1 500
          500 http://mr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful-updates/main amd64
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1:5.4.5-0ubuntu0.17.10.5 500
          500 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful-security/main amd64
Packages
       1:5.4.1-0ubuntu1 500
          500 http://mr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu artful/main amd64 Packages

  Package: libreoffice-writer 1:5.4.6-0ubuntu0.17.10.1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.7-0ubuntu3.8
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  Date: Mon May 21 16:17:03 2018
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 16.10 "Yakkety Yak" - Release amd64 (20161012.2)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=fi_FI.utf-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: libreoffice
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to artful on 2017-11-05 (196 days ago)