I did not spot anything relevant in your log files either.

Sadly, no idea how to debug this further also.

** Package changed: light-locker (Ubuntu) => xorg-server (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  Fails to deactivate dpms off mode after user initiated wake-up
  events(not system-suspended, just locked and dpms active)

Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:

  Xubuntu 18.10 with Xubuntu.desktop session running. System will lock
  and turn-off monitors(automatically or manually), but--will not wake-
  up monitors upon keyboard or mouse activity. I can type unlock
  password, blindly and then the monitors will wake and show unlocked
  session.

  WORKAROUND:  I uninstalled light-locker, then, I installed gnome-
  screensaver. Xfce4(Xubuntu.desktop) will fallback on gnome-screensaver
  if light-locker is not found or installed.

  Package: light-locker (not installed)
  CurrentDesktop: XFCE
  Date: Sun Nov  4 13:01:36 2018
  InstallationMedia: Xubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Release amd64
(20181017.2)
  SourcePackage: light-locker