This bug is missing log files that will aid in diagnosing the problem.
While running an Ubuntu kernel (not a mainline or third-party kernel)
please enter the following command in a terminal window:

apport-collect 1802806

and then change the status of the bug to 'Confirmed'.

If, due to the nature of the issue you have encountered, you are unable
to run this command, please add a comment stating that fact and change
the bug status to 'Confirmed'.

This change has been made by an automated script, maintained by the
Ubuntu Kernel Team.

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  Unable to connect to wifi network after lubuntu install

Status in linux package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in network-manager package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  I had ubuntu 16 and my home wifi never had issues. Now i installed lubuntu
bionic now i can never connect to my home wifi.
  I am getting below message on running command -
  nmcli dev wifi connect myssid password mypassword

  Error: Connection activation failed: (5) IP configuration could not be
  reserved (no available address, timeout, etc.)

  I can not use my system any more and any help will be appreciated to
  resolve the issue. I posted this issues in askubuntu and no response
  so far.

  Please help. Please let me know any more information needed.

  System details :
  Laptop - hp

  "Realtek RTL8188EE Wireless Network Adapter (RTL8188EE mini-PCIe card)"
          wifi (rtl8188ee), 40:B8:9A:09:D7:9E, hw, mtu 1500

  Note - I can connect to hotspot network on my phone with no issues.

  Thanks

  Package: network-manager 1.10.6-2ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.4
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sun Nov 11 19:59:39 2018
  IfupdownConfig:
   # interfaces(5) file used by ifup(8) and ifdown(8)
   auto lo
   iface lo inet loopback
  InstallationMedia: Lubuntu 18.04 LTS "Bionic Beaver" - Release amd64
(20180426)
  IpRoute:
   default via 172.20.10.1 dev wlo1 proto dhcp metric 600
   172.17.0.0/16 dev docker0 proto kernel scope link src 172.17.0.1 linkdown
   172.20.10.0/28 dev wlo1 proto kernel scope link src 172.20.10.7 metric 600
  NetworkManager.state:
   [main]
   NetworkingEnabled=true
   WirelessEnabled=true
   WWANEnabled=true
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_US
   TERM=xterm-256color
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  RfKill:
   0: phy0: Wireless LAN
        Soft blocked: no
        Hard blocked: no
  SourcePackage: network-manager
  nmcli-dev:
   DEVICE   TYPE      STATE        DBUS-PATH
CONNECTION  CON-UUID                              CON-PATH

   wlo1     wifi      connected    /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/4
iPhone 1    eaf289fc-1e98-4e6b-a075-766c11fc9d49
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/6
   docker0  bridge    connected    /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/2
docker0     f03e7a66-563b-4936-ad48-1cc0b87e14f7
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/ActiveConnection/1
   enp3s0   ethernet  unavailable  /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/3

   lo       loopback  unmanaged    /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/1
  nmcli-nm:
   RUNNING  VERSION  STATE      STARTUP  CONNECTIVITY  NETWORKING  WIFI-HW
WIFI     WWAN-HW  WWAN
   running  1.10.6   connected  started  full          enabled     enabled
enabled  enabled  enabled