Please try running:

  apport-cli _usr_lib_xorg_Xorg.0.crash

and then copy and paste the link it (eventually) gives you into a web
browser on a different machine.

If for any reason that doesn't work then the next option is to look at
https://errors.ubuntu.com/user/ID where ID is the content of file
/var/lib/whoopsie/whoopsie-id on the machine. Do you find any links to
recent problems on that page? If so then please send the links to us.

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  X.org crashes after upgrade to 18.10

Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:

  After the upgrade from 18.04 to 18.10, SDDM fails to start. This happens with
kernel 4.18.0-10 and 4.15.0-36 (it was the chance to discover grub-reboot)
  See SDDM crash file attached.

  The machine is a virtual machine, and PCI devices use virtio-pci
  driver for example.

  I looked into /var/log/Xorg.0.log and found many error messages, the first
one being :
  (EE) open /dev/dri/card0: No such file or directory
  See Xorg log file and crash file attached.

  Then I looked at the output of 'lspci -vvnn' and it seems that no kernel
driver manages the VGA Controller.
  See output of 'lspci -vvnn' attached

  According to the following message, the missing kernel driver may be :
bochs-drm or virtio-vga
  https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2015-August/msg00220.html

  # lsb_release -rd
  Release:        18.10