I use OpenVPN Gui within Windows to connect to my personal OpenVPN
server. After switching to Kubuntu I imported the very same
configuration with Network Manager but every connection attempt fails.

Please find the Syslog output and the config file attached to this bug
report.

Ubuntu release: 18.10 (Kubuntu)

openvpn:
  Installed: 2.4.6-1ubuntu2
  Candidate: 2.4.6-1ubuntu2
  Version table:
 *** 2.4.6-1ubuntu2 500
        500 http://at.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu cosmic/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

network-manager-openvpn:
  Installed: 1.8.6-1ubuntu1
  Candidate: 1.8.6-1ubuntu1
  Version table:
 *** 1.8.6-1ubuntu1 500
        500 http://at.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu cosmic/main amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

** Affects: network-manager-openvpn (Ubuntu)

** Tags: bot-comment
--
NetworkManager fails establishing OpenVPN connection
Packages, which is subscribed to network-manager-openvpn in Ubuntu.