Ok please do test with Oneiric, I cannot reproduce the issue here with
totem or rhythmbox , both work fine here.

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  title bar is not updated when it doesnt have focus

Status in “rhythmbox” package in Ubuntu:

  Hello,
  im using rhythmbox 0.3.13 in Ubuntu 11.04

  I have noticed that title bar is not updated when playing a playlist,
  and rhythmbox has not the focus (there is another app with it)

  When song changes, title bar shows the previous obne. Song title
  inside the rhythmbox windows is updated properly.