I don't know if the bug is related to the snap. Probably not.

  [snap] Creating new slide by double click not working correctly

Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu:

  Version: 6.1.3.2
  Build-ID: libreoffice-6.1.3.2-snap1

  You can create new slides in impress by double clicking on the empty
  part of the slides pane (below the existing slide). However, this
  works only as expected while the slides pane actually has empty space
  at the bottom.

  As soon as I have created a few slides, the slides pane is completely
  filled, and two things happen:

  (1) Improvement: It is very hard to double click on the thin white
  space at the bottom of the filled slides pane. This could be improved
  by always letting a few pixels at the bottom to click on.

  (2) Bug: You can actually manage to double click there and this
  creates a new slide. However, this new slide is not filed at the end
  of slides (as it should) but appears at a strange location somewhere
  in the middle of slides. This is definitely wrong.