1. Closed firefox and left the laptop idle for an hour and the battery is
almost fast drained again.
2. removeaccesibity extension is important for me because I have a HiDpi
display and normally the screen looks tiny and enabling Universal access helps
and at the same time I don't like the icon present always there, makes me feel
sick, sorry about that!

  High Power Consumption

Status in The Ubuntu Power Consumption Project:

  Hi,

  I am running Ubuntu on Thinkpad. I am facing battery back up issues on both
18.04 and 18.10 versions. Before that I was running Ubuntu 16.04 with a normal
back of almost 4 hours ( 2 Sony Batteries with normal back up of up to min of 6
hours on Linux Mint 19) and when upgrading to 18.04 it reduced to 3 hours max
on normal usage and less than 2 hours on heavy use.
  I tried installing Unity session on 18.04/10, the back up increased. I think
it is Gnome doing the mess.
  ---
  ProblemType: Bug
  ApportVersion: 2.20.10-0ubuntu13.1
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
  DisplayManager: gdm3
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 18.10 "Cosmic Cuttlefish" - Release amd64
(20181017.3)
  Package: gnome-shell 3.30.1-2ubuntu1
  PackageArchitecture: amd64
  Tags:  cosmic
  UserGroups: adm cdrom dip lpadmin plugdev sambashare sudo
  _MarkForUpload: True