This bug was fixed in the package gnome-control-center -
1:3.30.2-1ubuntu0.18.10.1

---------------
gnome-control-center (1:3.30.2-1ubuntu0.18.10.1) cosmic; urgency=medium

  * New upstream release (LP: #1805441)
    - Fix crash in power panel (LP: #1797205)
  * debian/patches:
    - Debian-s-adduser-doesn-t-allow-uppercase-letters-by-defau.patch:
      + Drop because we already have 08_lowercase_user_names.patch in cosmic.
    - region-Autodisconnect-IBusBus-connected-handler.patch:
      + Do not segfault when region panel is closed during init (LP: #1804424)
    - region-Fix-double-free-when-closing-the-input-chooser-dia.patch:
      + Drop, applied upstream.

 -- Andrea Azzarone <andrea.azzar...@canonical.com>  Wed, 21 Nov 2018
10:29:36 +0000

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu Cosmic)

  SRU 3.30.2 to Cosmic

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-control-center source package in Cosmic:

  [Description]
  Update cosmic from 3.30.1 to 3.30.2. We cannot just backport 3.30.2 from
Disco because we need to drop
Debian-s-adduser-doesn-t-allow-uppercase-letters-by-defau.patch as we already
got a diffrent patch in cosmic.

  We should also include debian/patches/region-Autodisconnect-IBusBus-
  connected-handler.patch. This patch has been cherry picked from the
  gnome-3-30 upstream patch and contains a fix for a segmentation fault
  (LP: #1804424).

  NEWS. The upstream changes are covered by
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates/GNOME:

   ===============
   Version 3.30.2
   ===============

   - Translation updates

   Display:
   - Hide unsupported resolutions again
   - Improve snapping
   - Stop night light dialog being destroyed twice

   Online Accounts:
   - Track the lifecycle of CcGoaPanel across async calls

   Region:
   - Fix double-free when closing the input chooser dialog

   Wi-Fi:
   - Disable periodic scan only when Wi-Fi is disabled

  [Test Case]
  Open gnome-control-center and make sure that the panels in the above list are
working properly. Testing all possible scenarios would be problematic but I
suggest focusing on:
  1. Open the wifi panel and make sure that you can enable/disable the wifi
properly
  2. On a multi-head setup open the display panel and make sure that you can
re-arrange the layout of your displays.

  Please follow also the test case for  LP: #1804424 that should cover
  the fixes included in debian/patches/region-Autodisconnect-IBusBus-
  connected-handler.patch

  [Regression Potential]
  The changes to the Online Accounts panel, Regions panels and Night Light
dialog are pretty safe and there should be no possible regression. Possible
regressions:
  - wifi panel: you could not be able to enable/disable the wifi
  - display panel: you could not be able to re-arrange the monitor layouts on a
multi-monitor setup.