MIR approved. I see no particular issues with the package after
reviewing the code; no binary deps in universe, and it's a small package
that appears like it should be well maintained in Debian and Ubuntu.

** Changed in: gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Mathieu Trudel-Lapierre (cyphermox) => (unassigned)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons in
Ubuntu.

  [MIR] gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons

Status in gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Availability
  ============

  Currently in binNEW - synced from experimental.

  This is an arch:all package (no compilation; all JS), successfully
  built.

  Rationale
  =========
  The desktop team would like to include Nautilus 3.30 in disco. However,
Nautilus as of 3.28 - Ubuntu currently has 3.26 - drops support for having
icons on the desktop. We'd like to keep this.

  The upstream team have provided a GNOME Shell extension to replace
  this functionality, which we want to ship. It is not "1.0" yet - we
  are working with upstream on iterating it.

  This package is a GNOME Shell extension written for 'gjs', i.e. in
  Javascript with GObject/GNOME support. It uses the standard GNOME
  libraries.

  Our intention is to work with upstream improve this extension over
  'disco' and following cycles up to the next LTS; to that end we would
  like to include it in Ubuntu Desktop fairly early on, to identify and
  shake out any problems.

  Security
  ========
  No known security issues, but this is a relatively new piece of software.

https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/source-package/gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons
  (once accepted):
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons/+cve

  Quality assurance