This "enhancement2 broke all my thumbnailers too; unfortunately they are
quite a bit more complex than the one @eros2 commented.

Is there any instruction on how enabling back a personal script for
thumbnails generation after the upgrade? Note that this has been noticed
by users; see for example https://askubuntu.com/questions/1088539
/custom-thumbnailers-don-t-work-on-ubuntu-18-10

Thanks!

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-desktop3 in Ubuntu.

  Enable bubblewrap in gnome-desktop3 for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Status in bubblewrap package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-desktop3 package in Ubuntu:

  Impact
  ======
  gnome-desktop 3.26 hardened the thumbnailers with bubblewrap to mitigate
several vulnerabilities. Ubuntu had to disable that feature until bubblewrap
could be promoted to main.

  bubblewrap is now in main for 18.10 and the feature is now enabled
  there. The intention has been for that change to be backported to
  18.04 LTS as a security fix.

  The bubblewrap MIR is https://launchpad.net/bugs/1709164

  We'll need to promote bubblewrap to main before this update should be
  pushed to bionic.

  Can you sponsor directly from the git repo instead of with a debdiff?

  gbp clone https://git.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop/ubuntu/+source
  /gnome-desktop3

  git checkout ubuntu/bionic

  gbp clone https://git.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-