This bug is still present. xdpyinfo reports always 96x96 dpi resulting
in wrong screen dimensions and incorrect scaling.

$ xdpyinfo | grep -B2 resolution
screen #0:
  dimensions:    3840x2160 pixels (1016x571 millimeters)
  resolution:    96x96 dots per inch

however, xrandr is right;

$ xrandr | grep DP1
DP1 connected primary 3840x2160+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
600mm x 340mm

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  Screen DPI detected incorrectly by xdpyinfo

Status in X.Org X server:
  Unknown
Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: xorg

  It seems tools like xdpyinfo are reporting screen sizes as 300x230 mm
  in a lot of cases when they are not.

  On my own Iiyama ProLite E431S with an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro connected
  over DVI using the "ati" driver, I get this from xdpyinfo:

  screen #0:
    dimensions:    1280x1024 pixels (300x230 millimeters)
    resolution:    108x113 dots per inch

  ddcprobe correctly detects the screen physical dimensions:

  screensize: 34 27

  In another report, https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-
  xorg-video-intel/+bug/201032 the reporter shows that xdpyinfo quotes:

  screen #0:
    dimensions:    1280x800 pixels (300x230 millimeters)
    resolution:    108x88 dots per inch

  and ddcprobe reports:

  screensize: 33 21

  Notice that the screens are actually different dimensions, both in
  physical terms and pixel terms, yet xdpyinfo thinks they are 300x230
  mm. Also, the other reporter is using the intel driver.

  This did indeed used to work correctly in the early Hardy alphas, and
  previous releases of Ubuntu.

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386