Upstream bug has been closed "RESOLVED FIXED"
Checked can enable/disable in Ubuntu 18.04
Closing by marking "Fix Released"

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)

  Touchpad settings in Ubuntu 13.04 do not allow  horizontal edge
  scrolling.

Status in gnome-control-center:
  Fix Released
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:

  I am on Ubuntu 13.04 daily build. Vertical edge scrolling is enabled
  out of the box, but horizontal is not and there is no way to enable
  that through the control center. It would make sense to enable
  horizontal edge scrolling too by default or at least give an option to
  do so. I am aware of the following bug:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-
  center/+bug/1084737

  which is basically the same for two finger scrolling.