[Expired for xorg-server (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for
60 days.]

** Changed in: xorg-server (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  Xorg freeze

Status in xorg-server package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Both during and after installation (meaning while running the USB iso
  and booting from HDD after) ubuntu will rapidly become unresponsive
  and eventually hang when my 4k monitor is plugged in. I have 2
  monitors, a 1920x1080, and a 4k. Everything works absolutely perfectly
  if I only use the 1920 monitor (this is where I am working from right
  now) but the moment the other monitor is plugged in I get problems.

  When I cold boot into the system from the small 1920x1080 monitor and
  then plug in the 4k monitor, the screen on my smaller monitor will
  glitch before returning to normal a few seconds later, while the 4k
  monitor never displays an image. The OS begins to bog down, the mouse
  begins to lag and become less responsive. If I open the display
  manager I can see that ubuntu has properly detected the 4k monitor and
  has the correct default settings (resolution, refresh rate, etc.) but
  attempting to make any changes will result in an immediate crash/hang
  upon pressing the "apply" button.

  If I cold boot ubuntu with only the 4k monitor plugged in, I see
  purple splash screen and ubuntu logo screens (at the correct
  resolutions) but the monitor output stops and I see only a black
  screen before the login screen is reached.

  If I cold boot with both monitors plugged in I see the splash screen
  and logo, there is a brief moment where the small monitor glitches,
  and then I see only the magenta backdrop of the login screen but there
  are no UI elements, and This is only seen on the small monitor; the 4k
  monitor has once again lost input and turned black.

  Package: xorg 1:7.7+19ubuntu8
  BootLog: Error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/log/boot.log'
  CompositorRunning: None
  CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME