Just want to confirm that this bug is still NOT fixed. I use KDE Plasma
desktop enviroment with Breeze Dark color scheme. Usually I use
Chromium, sometimes Google Chrome, as they don't have issues with dark
themes. But I want to use Firefox and because of this bug I can't. I was
following Firefox releases past 4-5 years expecting to see a fix for
this.

Now I use "Text Contrast for Dark Themes" extension which kind of helps, but
not enough for daily use.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/text-contrast-for-dark-themes/

It's sad to see that this bug already 17 years old and does not get
enough attention to get fixed.

As dark themes for GTK+ getting more popular, I hope to see a fix in
future. Could be set as a milestone for 2020 or something, that would be
really great! No other browser has this issue, only Firefox.

If this is super hard to fix, maybe would be good idea to switch to
another toolkit instead of GTK+? For example Qt toolkit is very good,
has a lot of support and works pretty well.

OFFTOPIC: One thing made me happy with recent Firefox releases, that
HighDPi display support is improved, and it's possible to get non-
integer value scaling of UI and websites. For that I was waiting 2 years
and I am really happy it got improved. To get Dark Theme compatibility
would be last step to make Firefox usable for me and some other users!

  Bad Firefox integration with dark themes

Status in Mozilla Firefox:
  Fix Released
Status in XULRunner:
  Confirmed
Status in firefox package in Ubuntu:

  I'm using Mozilla Firefox 3 Beta 5 on Ubuntu 8.04 with a dark theme.
  Now I see all the input boxes and buttons filled with grey colour.
  This happened even with Firefox 2, but I solved that problem with a
  quick guide under the comment "firefox fix" by Proton at the bottom of
  this page: http://www.gnome-
  look.org/content/show.php/Grey+Neu?content=60824

  In Firefox 3 I can't correct this problem.