Forgot to mention, I have a dual-monitor setup, which I've read may not
be supported.

That doesn't explain #1 and #2 though, or why include this rudimentary
feature at all, when there is much more powerful and easy-to-use
software[1] that could be bundled, with a UI that lets the user select a
portion of the screen to record (thereby solving #3).

[1]: http://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreenrecorder/

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1810222

Title:
  "Record a short screecast" creates 0-byte WEBM files

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  Fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04. When I press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+R, I see an
  orange dot in the upper-right corner, and a new .webm files in
  ~/Videos.

  Several problems:

  1. There seems to be no actionable UI for this function. If I click
  the orange dot, I don't see any sort of menu, such as to pause or stop
  the recording.

  2. The files is incorrectly named. The timestamp uses the DD-MM-YYYY
  HH:MM:SS format, but the HH is 05:26 when it's 5:26pm (it should be
  17:26).

  3. After I press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+R, the orange dot disappears, but the
  .webm file is empty.

  What am I doing wrong?

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/1810222/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to